• All pets MUST be on a leash or crated. Dogs may be walked. All other pets (birds, cats, hampsters, etc.) MUST be caged and pulled in a wagon.
• No Flexi-leashes or retractable leashes are allowed during the parade.
• No aggressive animals or any animals in “heat”. Well-behaved animals only.
• Dogs, cats, and ferrets are required to have current rabies vaccinations.
• Participants are responsible for picking up their pet’s waste before, during, and after the parade. Bring the necessary disposable bags and use them.
• One pet per handler
• All participants younger than 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian who has registered for the event.
• Foot power only (exceptions may be arranged for special needs).
• Wagons and strollers are allowed at one per parade entry.
• Please do not allow others to feed or pet your pet.
• Participants are encouraged to dress their pet in a costume.
By registering for the Martinsville Pet Parade, you agree to the following Waiver and Release: I understand that participating in the Martinsville Pet Parade involves risks to me and to my pet. I assume all risks associated with participating in this event. I agree not to participate unless my pet and I are physically able, properly conditioned, and my pet has a current Rabies vaccination. I have read and will abide by the rules of this event and any decision of event officials. I agree to a global and general release. I hereby waive, release, and discharge the Martinsville Pet Parade directors, officers, Morgan County, their employees and agents, volunteers, and any sponsors, suppliers, and all other individuals and entities in any way assisting or connected with this event from any and all loss of life, bodily injury, property damage and/or loss, or personal loss of whatever kind or nature whatsoever arising out of my participation in this event, even though those claims and liabilities may arise as a result of action or inaction by individuals or entities released by this Waiver Release. I understand and agree that the Martinsville Pet Parade does not insure against and accepts no responsibility for personal injury, property loss or damage, which I may sustain. I hereby agree and covenant for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators, and anyone else who may claim on my behalf, not to sue. I understand and agree to permit event officials to authorize emergency treatment for me or for my pet at my cost. Any decision to use emergency treatment shall be made in the sole discretion of the Martinsville Pet Parade, its assignees or agents, or Morgan County. I also understand and agree to permit the sponsors of this event to use, for publicity or promotional purposes, by name and pictures of me and/or my pet without liability or obligation to me. All pets must be leashed and kept under control; and unruly or aggressive participants will be asked to leave. All Walkers must clean up after their pets. Water will be provided for all pets.
SPACE IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST 100 PETS.
ENTRY FEE TICKET COST IS PER PET.
YOU MUST PICK UP YOUR ENTRY NUMBER ON-SITE THE DAY OF THE EVENT AT THE MORGAN COUNTY COURTHOUSE.
ALL PETS IN THE PARADE MUST HAVE AN ENTRY NUMBER.
ONE PET PER ADULT.
EACH PET MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AT LEAST ONE ADULT HANDLER: NO EXCEPTIONS.
REGISTRATION IS NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE AS PROCEEDS ARE BENEFITING THE MORGAN COUNTY HUMANE SOCIETY.
FRIENDLY PETS WELCOME. DOGS MUST BE LEASHED AT ALL TIMES.
ALL OTHER PETS
SPACE IS LIMITED TO THE FIRST 100 PETS. ENTRY FEE DONATION IS PER PET. YOU MUST PICK UP YOUR ENTRY NUMBER ON-SITE THE DAY OF THE EVENT AT THE MORGAN COUNTY COURTHOUSE. ALL PETS IN THE PARADE MUST HAVE AN ENTRY NUMBER. ONE PET PER ADULT. EACH PET MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AT LEAST ONE ADULT HANDLER: NO EXCEPTIONS. REGISTRATION IS NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERRABLE AS PROCEEDS ARE BENEFITING THE MORGAN COUNTY HUMANE SOCIETY. FRIENDLY PETS WELCOME. DOGS MUST BE LEASHED AT ALL TIMES. ALL OTHER PETS (BIRDS, CATS, HAMPSTERS, ETC.) MUST BE CAGED AND PULLED IN A WAGON.